Thursday, April 24, 2008

Kraftwerk

Last Sunday I drove over to Milwaukee with some buddies to ride bikes around and check out the Kraftwerk show. I never realized it until this visit, but there is a magical road that bisects the giant Miller Brewing Company and Harley Davidson HQ. Both complexes look like old brick and mortar castles. Pretty cool.

Kraftwerk was as one would expect: four old German guys with weird retro computer graphics oscillating in the background. It was great. After their set break the curtain went up and robot versions of themselves played a couple tunes. The picture below is during the encore, when they exchanged their black suits for lighted Tron suits.


We also visited with Mr Sanchez, who is converting part of an old funeral home into a custom bicycle frame painting studio. Highlights include a casket elevator and an embalming room that houses a pipe organ and a baby casket. Sanchez kept repeating he couldn't get the smell out of the embalming room. There was indeed a smell.

Wish I had some pictures but I managed to smash my camera. I'd like to fix it rather than buy a new one but I don't think anyone fixes consumer electronics anymore.

1 comment:

d*pow said...

you forgot to mention "apple bottoms"