Monday, April 14, 2008

H8TR 100

Saturday was the second annual H8TR 100 bike race. Last year it was a small affair, with a lean field of 16 racers duking it out both on and off road. This year the word got around and some 65 racers showed up in snowy, wet conditions to prove they could survive the Trail of Hate.

Here we see the Polish contingent, Team Polska, suiting up in the snow:

The front of the race whipped the pace up to top speed just as yours truly had stopped for a pee break:

Here I come, slowly working my way up towards the lead group of riders, Miller High Life cape flapping in the faces of anyone trying to get in my draft...

Pained looks after about 50 miles of racing...

The magic cape saps the strength of my nearest competitors:

I ended up in a respectable fourth place, but more importantly there was a keg of beer to greet all the finishers. Some folks may have overindulged:


No comments: