Thursday, June 5, 2008

Wedding and Hockey

I was going to do a blow-by-blow post on the wedding I attended last weekend but I seem to have misplaced the pictures, which would have made it at least mildly interesting, so I'll keep it brief:
+ Wedding was in Madison so no driving was required
+ Short ceremony in pretty setting
+ Good live band
+ Meatless entrees
+ Open bar
+ 13 or so varieties of cake

In other news, the Red Wings won the Stanley Cup last night and that prompted me to check out a whole slew of old hockey clips on YouTube, which eventually led to seeing some classic brawls.

First, a couple from old Ron Hextall:





Here we have the Boston Bruins jumping into the stands:



And finally you have this fan who jumped over the glass and got too close to the Sabre's bench:

1 comment:

DaveO said...

This is fine stuff. Hextall was a classic but the meanest goalie of all time was Billy Smith when the Islanders were winning all their Cups. Anyone that skated through his crease did so at risk of life and limb. And one of the greatest hockey fights of all time (Sioux v Badgers at the Coliseum) does not seem to be available on video. I'd pay for that one!