Wednesday, March 19, 2008

An Evening in Taiwan

A couple nights ago I had a four-course shrimp dinner with one of the companies that manufactures products for Planet Bike. What's a four-course shrimp dinner? Salty shrimp, butter garlic shrimp, spicy shrimp, and shrimp boiled in sake. The shrimp boiled in sake is served last and you drink the sake like soup as you eat the shrimp, which might be why I had a bit of a headache the following day.



Unless of course the headache was due to visiting the Taiwan Beer factory directly after dinner. My aunt and uncle happened to be in Taipei visiting my cousin (a mechanical engineer who has long stints in Taiwan) and they met up with my Taiwanese friends and me for beer by the gallon.

Among the many secrets of western culture passed on to the Taiwanese that night was how to pee on the ceiling (just pinch it).


2 comments:

DaveO said...

I'd like to know who spilled the beans on the secret western pinching technique? Even money is on UR but I guess I could be wrong.

Erik said...

I believe it was actually I who let slip the secret pinching technique, developed over years of research by a trio of brothers whose last name begins with "A" at the local movie theatre restroom.